On a day that starts like any other, a young boy's life is suddenly changed forever. As the main character and his friend Miki pass a leisurely afternoon, Miki suddenly collapses from an unknown illness. The girl shows no sign of waking and this overwhelms the main character with grief and remorse for not being a better friend when he had the opportunity.
Suddenly, a strange voice offers him a second chance: "Beyond the door is a chance to change your destiny!" He soon leaves the real world and journeys to the world of Vision, where, as a novice "Traveler," he will surmount myriad ordeals in hopes of ultimately meeting with the Goddess of Destiny to have a single wish granted.
He makes friends both strange and fascinating as he finds himself blossoming into a successful Traveler. His courage and resolve are tested as he and his newfound companions travel the mysterious lands of Vision. The challenges he faces are daunting, but his growing sense of self and responsibility propel him ever forward.
Friendships, courage and growth will all prove indispensable as he seeks out his destiny a life-changing adventure and the discovery of a hero inside an ordinary kid.
- A role-playing game with an epic tale, introducing unique characters with distinct personalities and leading the player through the imaginative world of Vision.
- Traditional turn-based battle system enhanced by innovative features:
Friendship - Form bonds with party members to create new, cooperative skills.
Courage - Use "brave power" (BP) to unleash powerful special abilities.
Growth - The hero's weapon will evolve as he collects gemstones. New accessories can be forged by collecting and combining materials. Each character can also unlock a one-of-a-kind innate ability.
- No load time between battles.
- Beautifully rendered 3D graphics with a distinct visual style, highlighted by polished character and enemy movement, and a unique animation for each special ability.
- Collect special birds which you can use for mini-games or trade for rare items.
- Network with friends to trade your birds, or game-share a mini-game to have friends assist in capturing rare birds.
- Option to play with the original Japanese voices.
Item: Brave Story: New Traveler
System: PlayStation Portable
ESRB: E10+ - Everyone 10+
Genre: Role Playing Games