Platform: PLAYSTATION 3
The DanceDanceRevolution bundle for PlayStation 3 marks the first appearance of a DDR game on the PS3 platform. DanceDanceRevolution is a Rhythm/Dance game that blends classic, heart-pumping arcade DDR gameplay with PS3 centric functionality that together satisfy both longtime fans while also accommodating less advanced players and those coming to it for the first time. The bundle includes a game copy and a DanceDanceRevolution Dance Pad controller. Features include: a hefty track list, PlayStation Move support, new game modes, unlockable songs and more.
DDR Finally Comes to PlayStation 3
Over1 years after taking the gaming world by storm, DanceDanceRevolution finally comes to the PlayStation 3. This new DanceDanceRevolution game bundle for PS3 includes a free dance pad game controller as well as game copy. The DanceDanceRevolution bundle combines fitness, free movement, new control options and of course fun, providing a whole new level gameplay excitement to DanceDanceRevolution fans both longtime and new.
Just as in earlier releases in the franchise, DanceDanceRevolution is a multiplayer Dance / Music / Rhythm hybrid game based on the original Japanese arcade classic of the same name. The game is packed with a blend of licensed popular and classic dance tracks, as well as tracks created especially for the game by game developer and publisher, Konami. The player's goal is to keep time with the precise rhythm of each track as they are on queued by on-screen arrows that scroll up the game screen from the bottom. The top of the screen is the "step zone" - four static arrows pointing left, down, up and right. As the scrolling arrows pointing in one of these directions makes contact with like arrows in the step zone players indicate the correct direction and duration, again in time with the song. The more accurate you are in doing this, the more points you score, with even more points available as simultaneous arrow combinations occur. Success also maintains your life bar, while a poor performance decreases it, eventually leading to the end of your turn if the bar is entirely depleted.
Typically rhythm input is done with your feet using the DanceDanceRevolution dance pad controller - included with this bundle, but DanceDanceRevolution for PlayStation 3 also includes support for the PlayStation Move control system (components sold separately). The integration of PlayStation Move allows for several unique features, for example, Dance Off Mode which, via the Move system's PlayStation Eye camera, allows players to take turns dancing to the game's iconic scrolling arrow queues, with the winner receiving the most points. In standard play players can combine the Move Motion controller and the dance pad allowing for a dancer's steps and their upper body to get into the game. The PlayStation Eye camera also allows for the creation of videos that can be shared via YouTube and Facebook. Another piece of functionality players will enjoy is Club Mode, which allows you to string together from 4 - 20 tracks, back-to-back. This eliminates load time between track, keeping the high-energy action going while you knock off combos that unleash point multipliers. Additional features include: unlockable tracks, motivational challenges, tutorials and the improved graphic quality PlayStation 3 is famous for.
DanceDanceRevolution contains a wealth of infectious grooves, both master tracks and ones created especially for the game by Konami. A sampling of what the game hold is below:
Key Game Features
- Bundle includes game and DDR dance mat controller for PlayStation 3.
- Classic and addictive DDR Rhythm gameplay finally come to the PlayStation 3.
- Record yourself using PlayStation Eye and upload to YouTube and Facebook to share with friends and other DanceDanceRevolution fans via the PS3's web connectivity.
- Dance Off Mode allows players to take turns to play, while they see themselves dancing on screen through the PlayStation Eye. The player who is able to step and dance more accurately will gain more points and will be the winner.
- Club Mode allows players to play 4 to 20 songs consecutively. The difficulty level varies depending on how well the player is dancing in addition to several different gimmicks. If the player changes the options to nonstop, they can keep dancing until their gauge is empty.
- Dozens of well-known dance tracks and tracks created for the game by Konami. Tracks Include hard hitting music tracks, like "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga, "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks and "So Fine" by Sean Paul.
- Easy-to-master tutorials, multiple difficulty levels and a calorie burning monitor.
Item: DanceDanceRevolution Bundle
System: Sony PlayStation 3
ESRB: E10+ - Everyone 10+
Genre: dancing games