Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Nintendo DS)
In Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, players begin their adventure as a city guardian who is sent to retrieve a sacred tree's fruits, which have the power to grant wishes. Players travel the world, conquer fearsome monsters and unravel an epic storyline. During their journey, players will encounter mighty opponents in fast-paced battles, and also interact with a colorful cast of characters. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies contains special modes that let players share their adventure with others, allowing up to four players to team up via a local wireless connection and experience the fun of tackling challenging monsters and dungeons cooperatively with their own characters. Players can even leave the game active in their backpacks, pockets or purses and still interact with other players via an interactive 'Tag Mode' Information about players' characters can be wirelessly transmitted to others, and treasure maps and customized greetings can be exchanged automatically by players who come within range of one another when their games are set to Tag Mode.Players looking to enjoy a variety of different game activities can take on special side quests. Some of these quests will be earned by progressing through the game, while additional quests will be made available for free download for players with broadband Internet access after the game launches, providing hours of additional content for virtual adventurers to enjoy either on their own or with friends. Some downloadable quests will continue the main storyline of the game, while others offer standalone missions.Before setting off on their adventure, players can create their own heroes, deciding how they would like their face, hair and clothing to look. As the story unfolds, players become stronger, smarter and more powerful, and can customize companions who join their group. Players will have fun discovering more than 1,000 pieces of clothing, armor, weapons and other items that will provide them with a unique appearance and special abilities. Players can also change the class of their character at any time, choosing from a variety of vocations that will affect their abilities and strengths in the game.
Product Features & Details
- Players Can Create Their Own Heroes, Deciding How They Would Like Their Face, Hair And Clothing To Look. As The Story Unfolds, Players Become Stronger, Smarter And More Powerful, And Can Create Custom Companions To Join Their Group As Well.
- Players Will Have Fun Discovering More Than 900 Pieces Of Clothing, Armor, Weapons And Other Items That Will Provide Them With A Unique Appearance And Special Abilities. Even Occupations Can Be Customized And Changed At Any Time. Players Can Take On One Of A Dozen Different Jobs With Varying Strengths, Weaknesses, Spells And Skills. Fast-paced Battles Unfold As Players Decide What To Do And Then View Cinematic Action Scenes. This Format Rewards Careful Thinking And Strategy Over Quick Reflexes. The More Foes Players Defeat, The Stronger Their Characters Become.
- Special Multiplayer Modes Let Players Share Their Adventure With Others, Allowing Up To Four Players To Team Up Via A Local Wireless Connection And Experience The Fun Of Tackling Challenging Monsters And Dungeons Cooperatively With Their Own Characters. Players Can Even Leave The Game Active In Their Backpacks Or Purses And Still Interact With Other Players Via An Interactive ?0;tag Mode.?1; Fun Information About Players?7; Characters Can Be Wirelessly Transmitted To Others.
- Treasure Maps Allow Players To Find Otherwise Inaccessible Special Dungeons Called Grottoes, Which Can Contain Rare Items Or Enemies. In Tag Mode, Treasure Maps And Customized Greetings Can Be Exchanged Automatically By Players Who Come Within Range Of One Another.
- Players With Wireless Broadband Internet Access Can Visit An Online Shop To Find New Items Or Download Additional Quests. The Selection Of Items Changes Daily. Some Downloadable Quests Will Continue The Main Storyline Of The Game, While Others Offer Standalone Missions Or Quests Themed To A Particular Time Of Year.
- Talking With Different Characters Will Unfold The Story And Point Players Toward Their Next Mission. All Quests Come With A Reward, Which Might Be Anything From A Rare Item To A New, Unlocked Occupation.
|Game||Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies|
|ESRB Rating||E10+ - Everyone 10+|
|Genre||RPG||Number of Players||1-4|
5 out of 5 Recommend It! (21 reviews )