1. Are the PS2 guitar controllers compatible
with PS2 Guitar Hero 3? Back
- Yes, the previous PS2 guitar controllers will work with Guitar Hero
2. Which consoles will have Guitar Hero 3 games?
Back to Top
- 4 Consoles will have Guitar Hero 3 game: PS3, PS2, Wii, and Xbox 360
3. Why doesn't the Xplorer skin fit my Xplorer guitar?
Back to Top
- There are 2 models of Xplorer guitar controllers. 95055 (the whammy
bar is centered with the start and select controls) and 95065 (the whammy
bar is offset with the start and select controls). Most likely, you
have purchased the wrong model for your Xplorer guitar controller.
4. Why is the TAC Wireless Guitar not working?
Back to Top
- If you have a wireless guitar:
- Make sure the battery is brand new
- Make sure the battery is sitting snugly in the battery compartment.
We have seen some cases where the battery come loose during heavy
game play and casue the temporary power disconnection that leads to
the controller having to re-acquiring the signal from the receiver.
- Potential interference from another wireless device in the house.
Our AutoSense technology uses 2.4GHz band, the same band as the 802.11
Wi Fi network and 2.4GHz phone. You might want to turn off those devices
to pinpoint if this is the problem.
- If you have 2 wireless guitars, please make sure you turn them
on one at a time, after the first one is wirelessly connected to the
receiver (receiver light should be solid on)
- If that didn't work:
- Unplug the controllers
- Leave only Guitar Hero game in the PS2 system
- Turn on the game first, wait until redoctane screen shows up
- If it is the first generation of wireless guitar, Plug in the
wireless adapter, wait 4 seconds (for PS2 to recognize)
- Plug in the wireless receiver guitar, wait 4 seconds (for PS2
- Turn on the wireless guitar
- If it is the first generation wireless guitar, unplug the adapter
with receiver and plug it back it (that will reset it)
- If it is the 2nd generation wireless guitar, unplug the receive
and plug it back in (that will reset it)
- If you have problem with wireless connection, please see the below
When you see the red light on the receiver (attached to PS2) blinking,
it means the wireless connection is lost. While there are numerous
reasons for that problem, one that we found to be more common has
to do with slight variation in battery diameter. Depends on the diameter
size, the foam inside the battery compartment cover may be too thick
or too thin and thus either block the battery movement or allow the
battery to pop up slightly during game play. Here is the suggested
resolution to the problem. First, please try to put additional padding
(like folded paper) inside the battery compartment, right underneath
the battery cover and try the game again. If this does not resolve
the problem, please remove the black foam pad all together, make sure
the glue residual is removed as well (as battery might stick to it).
Try the game again and see if this resolve the issues. If these steps
do not resolve the problem then it could be the interference from
other wireless devices in the house, things like wireless access point,
cordless phones are all using2.4Ghz bandwidth that AutoSense technology
is using. Please check other section in this FAQ. Thank you.
If the battery compartment of the guitar comes with a black foam
piece, remove the foam piece and try the guitar again.
If none of the above works, please email email@example.com
or call 909.613.1631 for assistance
5. Why is my guitar not compatible with Guitar Hero 2?
Back to Top
- Originally our guitar controllers were designed to work with Guitar
Hero™, however, because of changes made to the code in Guitar
Hero II™ the older versions of guitar controllers, such as the
Rocking V Guitar, Shredder Guitar and the Rock Guitar, are not compatible
with Guitar Hero II™. To ensure you can enjoy Guitar Hero II™
with our products and to preserve your investment, pick up one of the
Guitar Hero II Wired Guitar Adapter and enjoy endless hours of fun with
Guitar Hero II™. You can get this adapter HERE
6. Will my Xbox 360 Guitar Hero 2 Xplorer guitar work with Xbox 360
Guitar Hero 3? Back to
- Yes, the Guitar Hero 2 Xplorer guitar will work with Xbox 360 Guitar
7. Will my PS2 Guitar Controller work with PS3 Guitar Hero 3 with
a PS2 to PS3 converter? Back
- No, it will not. Unfortunately, our PS2 to PS3 converter doesn't work
for PS3 Guitar Hero 3. We may have an adapter in the future that will
have such capability.