Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo DS)
Find a sacred sword and use it to save a kingdom in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, a remake of the 1990 NES classic from Japan. Turn-based gameplay challenges the player's strategic thinking, with the nature of the terrain, the strength of enemy forces and the positioning of your own units all needing careful consideration. The Nintendo DS's Touch Screen enables quick placement of units, and players can battle over the internet or against one another in the same room, in wireless battles, using their own characters with their own special skills and experience. These battles can be enjoyed even more by using the Mic Chat feature during battle.One hundred years since Medeus was slain and the Kingdom Altea founded on the continent of Akaneia, Medeus is back and it falls to exiled prince, Marth, to save the kingdom from ruination. Success for Marth and his comrades rests on finding his father's sacred sword, Falchion and the Fire Emblem. Only when these are united in Marth's hands will he be able to confront the dark pontifex Gharnef, avenge the murder of his father and kidnap of his sister, destroy Medeus once and for all and win back the kingdom of Altea.
Product Features & Details
- Fire Emblem Returns To Its Roots With A Total Overhaul Of An Nes Classic Never Before Released In America. New Features Include Touch-screen Controls, Multiple Save Options And Easy-to-follow Tutorial Chapters That Shed New Light On Marth'S Story. New Players Can Jump Into The Action, Even If They'Ve Never Played A Fire Emblem Game Before.
- Take The Battle Online And Clash With Players Around The World Over Nintendo Wi-fi Connection. You Can Also Borrow Units To Use In Your Army, Talk With Friends Using The Built-in Nintendo Ds Microphone And Even Buy Rare And Powerful Items From The Online Shop Using In-game Currency.
- You Are The General: Shape Your Army To Suit Your Strategy By Selecting From Dozens Of Characters With Unique Spells And Abilities. But Guide Your Army Wisely, Because If A Character Falls On The Battlefield, He'S Lost Forever.
- Touch-screen Controls, Multiple Save Options And An Easy-to-follow Tutorial Allow Novice Players To Jump Into The Action, Even If They'Ve Never Played A Fire Emblem Game Before.
- Borrow Units Wirelessly Or Through Nintendo Wi-fi Connection And Use Them In Your Own Battles With The Loan Unit Feature.
- Six Levels Of Difficulty Ensure That Even Seasoned Players Can Find A Challenge In This New Entry Into The Fire Emblem Series.
- Purchase Rare And Powerful Items Using The Gold You'Ve Acquired During Your Single-player Campaign With The Online Shop Feature. You Never Know What Items You Might Come Across, Because New Items Rotate In And Out Of The Armory On A Daily Basis.
- Play Through The Events That Brought Marth To The Beginning Of His Quest Through A New Set Of Prologue Chapters That Were Specially Added To The Game For Its Nintendo Ds Release.
|Game||Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon|
|ESRB Rating||E10+ - Everyone 10+|
|Genre||Strategy, Turn Based, Turn-Based||ESRB Descriptor||Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Language|
|Number of Players||1-2|
4 out of 5 Recommend It! (26 reviews )