MLB 07: The Show (PlayStation 3)
MLB 07: The Show makes the transition to next-gen with a suite of advanced features in its race to become MVP of 2007's baseball crop. The all-new Road to The Show mode enables gamers to play both offense and defense from the created player's perspective. Providing an even more realistic experience from the mound, the all-new New Pitch Command System (PCS) delivers comprehensive strategy to pitch selection, as a pitcher's "pitch comfort" will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It is up the gamer to decide if he/she should try to "work on a pitch" or just go with what is working. Additionally, with the Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) feature, catchers will call the game based on the individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher as well as analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will now have the ability to either trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. MLB 07: The Show also delivers a robust online feature set, including Online League Play, which offers the ability to set up customizable leagues with up to 30 teams, complete with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards.
Product Features & Details
- Road To The Show: Along With Classic Career Mode, The Game Introduces An Innovative New Option. Road To The Show Enables Gamers To Play Offense And Defense From The Created Player'S Perspective For They Plays In Which They Are Involved.
- Always Online: With The Ps3, Players Will Have The Option To Be "always Online" Allowing Elements Such As Mlb Score Ticker, Instant Messaging, Buddy Invites And More To Occur At Any Point.
- Online League Play: Set Up Leagues With Anywhere From 6-30 Teams With Full Stat Tracking, Point Benefits And Rewards
- Online News Service: Live Mlb Ticker Shows Live Status Of All Mlb Games Going On Around The League, Complete With Who Is On Base, Pitching, Batting, On-deck And Full Inning-by-inning Box Scores.
- Rivalry Mode: Set Up And Maintain Multi-game Rivalries Between Multiple Gamers Or Versus The Ai, And Keeps Track Of The Stats Throughout The Rivalry.
- Franchise Mode: Extending The Experience Of Running A Team, Performance And Player Morale Are Tracked On Virtually Every Level - Salary, Playing Time, Batting Slot, Team Performance, And Much More.
- Career Mode: The Career Spotlight Underscores All Of The Accomplishments And Failures During A Career And Showcases Them In The Limelight.
- Season Mode: Grind Out The 162 Game Season And Deal With Day-to-day Match-ups, Refining The Lineup And Play For The Championship.
- All-star Game: Lets Gamers Take The Virtual Road Trip To San Francisco Early To See Who Prevails For Home Field Advantage In The 2007 Fall Classic.
- Adaptive Pitching Intelligence: Catchers Will Call The Game Based On Individual Strengths And Weaknesses Of Each Pitcher And Analyze Tendencies Of Batters.
- Playmaker Fielding: A Fielder'S Fielding Attribute Rating Will Determine The Size Of The Zone That Surrounds The Ball And Its Eventual Landing Location.
- Multi-branch Fielding: Gamers You Can Now Take Full Control Of Fielders And Break Out Of Any Animation In The Process.
- Release Point Pitching: Taking Video Game Pitching To A Whole New Level, Gamers Must Utilize A Timing Mechanism To Learn And Realize Each Pitchers Pace And Release Point, Which Varies From Pitcher To Pitcher.
- Pitching Confidence Meter: Pitcher Confidence Plays A Role In A Gamer'S Ability To Hit Release Points In The All-new Pitch Meter, While Frequency Of Mistakes Will Impact The Confidence Level Of A Gamer'S Hurler.
- Guess Pitch: Baseball Fans Can Attempt To Master The Ability To Knock One Out Or Hit The Grounder To Advance The Runner By Checking The Pitch History And Correctly Guessing Which Pitch And The Location That The Pitcher Will Throw Next.
- Pitch Grips: Gamers Will Be Able To Detail The Different Pitch Grips And Arm Angles That A Pitcher Has When Throwing Each Pitch.
- 40-man Roster: Provides The Ability To Take Full Control Of A Team'S Roster And Manage All 40 Players For Each And Every Game.
- My Sliders: The My Sliders Option Gives Users The Ability To Create Their Perfect Game Settings Offline By Adjusting Game Sliders. Gamers Can Then Save These Adjustments To Memory And, When Online, Upload To Them For Other Users To Try.
- New Umpire Personalities: Each Umpire Will Have His Own Definition Of The Strike Zone, And It'S Up To The Gamer To Figure Out If The Umpire Is Calling The Zone High, Low, Or Giving The Corners.
- Crowd Interaction: Gamers Will See A Vast Array Of New Ambient Elements Including: Fans Coming, Going And Reaching For Foul Balls, Vendors, 7th Inning Stretch, The Wave, Standing Ovations And Much, Much More.
- Wind Effects: Wind Effects Will Force The Player To Take The Proper Route To The Ball And Make Adjustments On The Fly.
- 3-man Booth & Progressive Commentary: Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian And Dave Campbell Provide Comprehensive Commentary. Progressive Commentary Changes As The User Progresses Throughout ...
|Publisher||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Game||MLB 07: The Show|
|Platform||Sony Playstation 3|
|ESRB Rating||E - Everyone|
|Genre||Baseball, Sports||Number of Players||1-2|
4 out of 5 Recommend It! (55 reviews )