MLB 10: The Show (PlayStation 3)
MLB 10: The Show is set again to provide fans with a first-rate baseball experience via even more features and modes destined to quicken the heart, raise the stakes, and hurl you further into a true MLB baseball experience. The long awaited Home Run Derby leads the deep features list in MLB 10: The Show. Fully implemented in the season modes and available as a stand alone feature, Home Run Derby follows the current MLB rules. The MLB All-Star Futures Game is also available within season modes in its correct timeframe, as well as fully functional online leagues. For players who idolize Joe Mauer, the new "Catcher Mode" gives the ability to call the game as the catcher, select pitches, and be the ultimate field general. Five new Minor League stadiums are introduced, as well as a selection of classic parks available on the PS3 for the first time. Online multiplayer has vastly improved this year to bring more of that competitive fire out amongst friends. Along with the core online league play, MLB 10 The Show now offers fully functional online season leagues! MLB 10 also offers daytime transitional lighting, a newly added "Movie Maker" menu giving the user the ability to select multiple replays to add to and edit a single movie, and 11 new stadiums. Lastly, The Show will offer the ability to view every game you've ever played online, complete with opponents, box scores, and game logs.
Product Features & Details
- Mlb All-star Break: The Long-awaited Return Of Home Run Derby Will Take Place In Mlb 10: The Show For Ps3. See If Your Road To The Show Player Is Invited To Either The Home Run Derby Or The Futures Game!
- Catcher Calling The Game: The Catcher Will Play A Bigger Role In Season Modes, Road To The Show, And Exhibition Games. He Will Give A Sequence Of Signs And Users Will Have The Ability To Change Their Indicator. Specifically For Road To The Show, The Feature Will Allow A Catcher To Calling The Game.
- Online Gameplay Improvements: This Year, The Online Gameplay Experience Has Been Improved A Great Deal As The Game Will Detect And Respond Better To Adverse Network Conditions Along With Reduced Bandwidth To Help The Speed And Flow Of Online Gameplay.
- User Controlled Pick-offs: Want To Surprise A Base Runner With A Quick Move Or Lull Him To Sleep? The New Pickoff Mechanism Will Now Allow Users To Choose From A Quick, Casual, Or Deceptive Pick-off Type.
- Custom Music, Fan Yells & Chants: Edit Tracks To Assign Batter Walk-up Music Or Record Your Own Voice And Assign It To Play For The Team Or Player During The Situation Of Your Choice."
- Movie Maker: The Movie Maker Gives The User The Ability To Select Up To Ten Replays To Add To A Single Movie And Do All Their Editing From This Menu.
- New Stadiums: 11 New Stadiums Are Offered. In Addition To All Current Mlb Stadiums, Five New Minor League Venues Are Available, As Well As Classics Parks Now Be Available On The Ps3 For The First Time (forbes Field, Crosley Field, Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, And Griffith Stadium.)
- New Fielding And Pitching Training Modes/practice Drills: Users Will Have The Ability To Choose From Two New Interactive Training/practice Modes. The Additions Of Pitching And Fielding Training Sessions Round Out The Road To The Show Training Suite.
- Road To The Show Version 4.0: New Features Improve This Complex Sports Sim Feature. Rtts Game Watch And Rtts Game Completion Allow Users To Set How Much Of The Game They Wish To View. With Settings Of All Pitches, All Fielding, Result Play, And Off, User'S Will Have The Choice To View Every Pitch Of The Entire Game, Or Trim The Viewing Down To Just The Result Pitch. Users Will Also Now Start Their Career In Double-a Ball And Will Have To Earn Their Spot In Spring Training. Finally, There Is A New Stat Tracking System That Keeps Stats For Your Player'S Career Versus Every Pitcher Or Batter Faced During The Current Season That Can Be Accessed At Any Time.
- Full Online Season Leagues: Along With Improvements To The Traditional Online Leagues, Mlb 10 Will Offer Fully Functional Online Season Leagues! Save And Display Mlb Player Stats, Track Player Energy, Deal With Trades/injuries, And Make Use Of 40-man Roster Functionality.
- Weekly Live Roster: An Updated Live Roster Will Be Available Every Week Throughout The Entire Season.
- Online Game History: Mlb 10 Now Offers The Ability To View Every Game You'Ve Ever Played Online, Complete With Opponents, Box Scores, And Game Logs.
- 1-30 Player Season Modes: Because Roster Control Is An Integral Part Of Franchise Mode, Giving The User The Ability To Control One Or All 30 Teams Is Now Essential To The Mode.
- New Camera System: The Bar For Sports Gaming Has Been Raised With The Most Robust And Realistic Camera System Available. Camera Positioning Will Make You Double Take And Make Sure You'Re Not Watching A Live Mlb Telecast.
- Real-time Presentations: Mlb 10has Boosted The Number Of Overall Animations By Capturing More Than 1,250 New Gameplay Animations, More Than 1,000 New Presentation Animations, And More Than 400 Personalized Pitcher And Batter Animations.
- 3-man Booth & Progressive Commentary: Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian, And Dave Campbell Return To Provide Comprehensive Commentary.
|Publisher||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Game||MLB 10: The Show|
|Platform||Sony Playstation 3|
|ESRB Rating||E - Everyone|
|Genre||Baseball, Sports||Number of Players||1-2|
4.5 out of 5 Recommend It! (95 reviews )