After centuries of Mortal Kombat, Emperor Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his allies. Faced with extinction, Raiden has one last chance to save Earthrealm. To undo the Emperor's victory, he must strike Shao Kahn where he is vulnerable...the Past.
Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favorite series is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. Mortal Kombat (known as Mortal Kombat 9 by the fans) introduces a number of game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game's iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional vs. matches, or take on several new game modes.
Introducing a number of game modes as well as an online experience, Mortal Kombat allows up to 4 players can battle "tag-team"- 2 players can team up in the new "Co-op Arcade Mode" or compete against another team online.
The The Kollector's Edition the Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.
- KOLLECTOR'S EDITION: Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines.
- KOLLECTOR'S EDITION: Collectible art book.
- KOLLECTOR'S EDITION: Downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin.
- KOLLECTOR'S EDITION: Avatar costumes.
- Mature Presentation -- Fatalities make a triumphant return to their original violent form as Mortal Kombat gives its fans what they’ve been demanding. Graphic details, never before possible are presented with the most sophisticated graphics engine in MK history.
- All New Game Play -- By returning to its classic 2D fighting plane, mature presentation, and up to 4 player tag-team kombat Mortal Kombat introduces an all new fighting mechanic that’s both accessible and provides the depth that fighting game players look for.
- Deep Story Mode -- Mortal Kombat offers the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players are taken back to the original Mortal Kombat tournament where they try to alter the events of the past in an attempt to save the future.
- Graphics & technology -- Characters, environments and fatalities have never been presented with as much gory detail as in this next generation Mortal Kombat. From internal organs to the most “realistic” blood effects, Kombat has never looked this good.
- New Game Modes -- In addition to an enhanced online feature set, Mortal Kombat introduces Co-op arcade mode amongst its many cutting-edge gameplay modes.
Item: Mortal Kombat (Kollector's Edition)
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive
System: Sony PlayStation 3
ESRB: M - Mature