Nostalgia (Nintendo DS)
An RPG created by a veteran team of designers from various development crews (including staff members behind classics such as Sakura Taisen, Grandia and Tengai Makyo. Nostalgia is set in the 19th century. Players take control of main character Eddy, son of a legendary English adventurer, and the adventure begins as Eddy and a cast of fellow Londoners set off on an adventure that takes them through London and the rest of the world.A central theme in Nostalgia is flight. Eddy makes use of a dirigible in his travels. When playing, you move about the world through the air rather than walking around on an overworld map. Your air ship also comes into play during battles, as in addition to fighting standard party-based command battles when exploring dungeons, you also engage in air-based battles against other air ships.
Product Features & Details
- Ambitious, Fully 3d Polygonal Graphical Engine Offers Dramatic, Sweeping Camera Angles And Impressive Vistas Rarely Seen In A Ds Title.
- Cohesive, Anime-inspired Art Direction That Effectively Captures The Game’s Turn-of-the-century Charm.
- Travel To Incredibly Unique, Non-traditional Rpg Locales Via Airship Including London, New York, Cairo, Africa, And Russia.
- Features Two Distinct Combat Engines: One Is A Brisk, Turn-based Close-quarters Melee Between Your Party Members And Monsters; While The Other Offers Thrilling, Large-scale Airship Battles. In Addition, Your Battle Skills Are Scored At The Conclusion Of Each Conflict, Inspiring Strategic Mastery.
- Handy In-game Notebook Feature Keeps Track Of People, Monsters, Airships And Items You’ve Run Across.
- Plenty Of User-defined Customization, Allowing The Player To Trick Out His Or Her Airship With Various Weapons, Armor Types, And Special Skill Attacks. The Player Can Also Choose Character-specific Skills From A Branching Tree For A More Personalized Experience.
- Explore A Variety Of Diverse, Engaging Dungeons That Include Brain Bending Puzzles And Tricky Indiana Jones-style Traps.
- Optional Quest System Inspires Players To Approach The Adventure From A Less Linear Perspective, Extending The Life Of The Gameplay Experience.
|ESRB Rating||E10+ - Everyone 10+|
|Genre||RPG||ESRB Descriptor||Mild Fantasy Violence|
|Number of Players||1|
4 out of 5 Recommend It! (1 reviews )